An opportunity for power producers and utilities to learn about emerging energy Blockchain technologies and the nation’s largest energy transmission and distribution event.
Monday, February 4, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Training & Workshop
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Utility Full Conference / Utility Visitors - of DistribuTECH
$399 - Symposium only
$249 - Training only
$549 - Combo
Individual Full Conference / Individual Visitors - of DistribuTECH
$499 - Symposium only
$299 - Training only
$599 - Combo
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
|Session 1: 8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.||Chairman’s Welcome|
|Session 2: 8:45 a.m - 9:15 a.m
|Session 3: 9:15 a.m -9:45 a.m
||Blockchain Overview: The Trust Machine
|Session 4: 9:45 a.m -10:15 a.m
||Blockchain Potential: For the Utility of the Future|
Break 10:15 a.m - 10:45 a.m
|Session 5: 10:45 a.m - 11:15 a.m
||Blockchain Technologies: What you need to know|
|Session 6: 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||Blockchain Use Cases: Low Hanging Fruit for Utilities|
|Session 7: 12:00 p.m. -12:30 p.m.
||Blockchain Security: Cyber security in the Brave new world|
Lunch 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Convention Center Foodservice Vendors
|Session 8 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
||Regulatory Landscape with Blockchain|
|Session 9 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
||Blockchain for Consumer Empowerment|
|Session 10 2:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
||Investors and Accelerators in Blockchain|
Break 3:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
|Session 11 3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
||Blockchain Bakeoff & Hackathon|
|Session 12: 4:15 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
||Tell me more: An Open Q&A session|
|Session 13: 4:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
||Key Take away & Closing Remarks|
5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Energy Blockchain Consortium will conduct a half day training session for DistribuTech attendees. This training is designed for anyone in the Energy industry interested in learning about Blockchain and its impact in the Energy industry. The presentation will be provided by two experts from the Utility industry with experience in developing applications and solutions for energy Industry.
Anyone who works in the Energy industry in any role -- from CxO (CEO, COO, CFO, CTO, CMO etc.) to Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers in Generation, Transmission and Distribution. Individuals from IT departments will also benefit from this training.
Anyone form the Energy industry. No prior experience in IT is necessary.
You will receive: (a) Course Material, (b) Blockchain Startup Guide and Blockchain Checklist
This training will provide you with the information and knowledge you need to understand Blockchain technology and its implications, limitations and its potential. A step by step guide will walk you through how you can apply this technology in your organization. A use case discussion with a peer community of like-minded people will provide you with an opportunity to collaborate on a real problem and potential approach to the solution with Blockchain. Walking out of this training will give you the confidence that (a) you understand Blockchain, (b) you understand how it can be applied in the Utility industry, (c) you will understand what steps you need to take to apply this in your company.
• The Energy Blockchain Symposium on Monday is a ‘conference’ with 12 sessions from 8am to 5pm with invited speakers who present their views on various topics related to Blockchain. Some of the sessions are TED talks (10-15 minute speeches) where as other sessions are structured as panels with a moderator.
• The Energy Blockchain Training is designed as a half day training in a ‘classroom’ like setting that is led by 2 instructors. The training comes with course material with focus on 8 core topics. For most people attending the training, this will be their first step in learning about Blockchain. No technology or IT experience is necessary.
• Yes it’s for half day on Tuesday 1-5 pm.
• No it is not necessary
• No you do not need to be an IT person
• No preparation is needed
• Yes. The training is complimentary to the symposium. It is more extensive, more hands on, and provides more details with real case studies and collaboration. The training includes course material, handouts. It will also provide an opportunity to collaborate more actively with your peer community.
• Yes, the two are very complimentary. If you attend the symposium on Monday, the training will provide more value to you.
The symposium and training are jointly organized through partnership with DistribuTech and Energy Blockchain Consortium. The Symposium and Training can be added to your DistribuTech plans.
• If you have already registered or will be registering for DistribuTECH (for 3 days on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday), then you will need to add Energy Blockchain Symposium to be held on Monday to your ticket and/or you will need to add the Energy Blockchain Training on Tuesday to your ticket. The Energy Blockchain Symposium and Energy Blockchain Training are ofcourse discounted with combo pricing.
• We are anticipating that many attendees and exhibitors who will be coming to DistribuTECH, may decide to come a day or so early to attend the Energy Blockchain Symposium on Monday and/or the Energy Blockchain Training on Tuesday. The Symposium on Monday and Training on Tuesday will not impact the attendees plans to enjoy the DistribuTECH event.